Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

Hot and Dry

Not a lot going on here. Davy and Diana are in Muzquiz for a couple of weeks. It is hot there too and they haven't had any rain to speak of either. I talked to them last evening and they are doing okay. Davy is having a good time playing with his cousins Pablito, Carlito and Dianita. He said it was hot there but he isn't ready to come home yet.

I moved the cows to the north field where I had planted haygrazer for hay. It hasn't had enough rain to make hay so I've put the cows there to graze it. I expect to have enough grazing for the rest of this year and have some hay to hold me over the winter, but if next year is hot and dry like this I will not be able to make hay.

The pecan trees are growing well. The solar pump keeps some water on them and they still look pretty good. I don't know how the water well will hold out if we don't get some good rains.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?